Types of personal information collected
The types or personal information that we collect and hold will vary depending on your dealings with us. This information may include any or all of the following;
- Name, address(es), telephone numbers(s) and other contact information;
- Financial information in support of an account application
- Electronic addresses, including but not limited to email, facebook, twitter, Instagram, facetime
- Payment information (such as credit card and bank details)
- Other personal information required to provide our services; and
- Transaction details relating to your use of our products, services or benefits.
We will not collect sensitive information from you or any third party.
You do not have to provide us with any personal information, however if you do not do so we may not be able to provide you with the products, services or benefits you have requested.
How we collect personal information
Generally we collect personal information directly from you, such as;
- When you submit information through our website
- In person
- In the course of us providing you with a requested product, service or benefit; or
- When you have other dealings with us.
We collect personal information through;
- Direct contact with us;
- Our business partners; and
- Third parties who supply services to us.
Why we collect, use and disclose personal information
We will collect personal information for the following purposes:
- To establish and maintain your relationship with us;
- To provide products or services you have requested from us; or
- To answer any inquiry you make.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties who work with us in our business to provide, promote or improve the products or services you have requested or are interested in, such as;
- Manufacturers and suppliers; couriers and delivery contractors
- Marketing consultants and promotions companies; website hosts; and
- Consultants and professional advisers.
We will also use and disclosure your personal information to send direct marketing to you from:
- Third parties who provide services to us.
The Direct Marketing may relate to:
- Our products and services
- The products and services of other parties
- Promotions run by us and or third parties
- New developments we believe may be of interest to you
You may opt out of receiving this direct marketing through the unsubscribe function that will be available to you with each direct marketing communication.
We will not sell our direct marketing database to any outside organisation.
How we store and protect personal information
We store personal information in a combination of computer storage facilities, paper based files and other records. In so doing, we have taken numerous steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Additionally, we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when we no longer need it.
The internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, other than where we use secure socket layer technology (SSL) to ensure information is securely transmitted and processed, we cannot and do not accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from use over the internet, or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
Do we send personal information overseas?
We will not transfer you personal information outside Australia.
How you can access your personal information?
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If your personal details change, such as your address or phone number, please contact our Privacy Officer by email or at the address detailed below.
At your request, we will provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you, unless an exception under the Privacy Act 1988 applies. We may charge a fee for retrieving this information in which case we will inform you of the fee and obtain your agreement to that fee before providing the information.
We will promptly acknowledge and investigate any complaint about the way we manage personal information.
Information is also generated whenever a page is accessed on our website that records information such as the time, date and specific page. We collect such information for statistical and maintenance purposes that enables us to continually evaluate our website performance.
How to contact us or make a complaint?
The Privacy Officer
Hastings Co-operative Limited
Level 1, 9-13 High Street
Wauchope NSW 2446
We will take reasonable steps to remedy any issues resulting from our failure to comply with our privacy obligations.
Version updated [March, 2014]