Nine local community groups welcomed a $12,500 funding injection thanks to our 2017 Community Chest grants program.
Designed to support community-based projects that will leave a lasting legacy, the grants ensure long-awaited projects such as a surf club trailer, FAWNA training equipment, girl guide water tank and school play areas can become a reality.
Our IGA customers play a pivotal role in the Community Chest program, with funds from specially-marked ‘Community Chest’ products pooled to provide the grants.
More than $73,963 has been raised by customers since official recording started in 2012, however, an estimated $200,000 has been returned to the local community since the program’s inception.
Every time you purchase one of these specially-marked products you can feel good about giving back to the community too.
Communtiy Chest is all about building a brighter future and recognising the tapestry of community groups that make a real difference to the Hastings way of life.
Hastings Co-op has a proud history of giving back and our annual Community Chest grants is just one example.
2017 Community Chest projects -
1. Comboyne Community Preschool - soft fall in the play area
2. Wauchope Girl Guides - upgrade to camp shed, including water tank and two solar panels
3. Beechwood Public School – sun shelter over infants sand pit
4. Hastings District Pony Club – public address system
Continued over page >
5. FAWNA - education and training equipment
6. Wauchope RSL Cricket Club – junior and senior equipment and training upgrade
7. Byabarra Sports and Tennis Club - water tank, pump and hot water heater to clubhouse
8. Wauchope Public School P&C - home readers project
9. Tacking Point Surf Club - trailer to carry equipment to events
Applications for 2018-19 Community Chest grants will open October 2018.
If you'd like more information, phone Tim Walker on 02 6588 8999 or email email@example.com
$27,600 in community grants awarded in 2016
Seventeen (17) groups shared in $27,600 in funding thanks to the 2016-17 Community Chest grants, including non-for-profit groups from all corners of the Hastings, which represent everyone from schools and sporting clubs to disability, volunteer and special interest groups.
2016-17 Community Chest recipients -
- Wauchope Netball Club
- Lifeline Port Macquarie
- Beechwood Public School
- Wauchope Show Society
- Wauchope Hockey Club
- Pappinbarra Progress Association
- Tacking Point Surf Life Saving Club
- Hastings Education Fund
- Port Macquarie Cycle Club
- Comboyne Tennis Club
- Wauchope Park Run
- Beechwood Shamrocks Rugby League Football Club
- Wauchope RSL Cricket Club
- Upper Rollands Plains Public School
- Wauchope and Port Macquarie Riding for the Disabled Centre
- Wauchope Soccer Club
- 2nd Wauchope Scout Group