"BECOME A MEMBER OF YOUR LOCAL CO-OP"
The Co-operative is controlled democratically by members, irrespective of the amount of money (or capital)contributed by members ie. one member, one vote.
Members of the Hastings Cooperative must be active ie. they conduct business with the Co-operative.
Active Members are:
~ People who spend more than $1000.00 at any of the Hastings Co-op retail outlets each financial year.
The Hastings Co-op provides “Reward Discounts” provided your share card is presented in many of its Outlets; SEE BELOW
The Department Store: A Standard 5% discount across the whole store for members [excludes already on special items] and also further discounts on special items with further discount, up to 50% off RRP. Plus in store promotions and giveaways for members. Seniors Day Tues & Thurs 10% off RRP
Mitre 10 & CRT & Comboyne Rural: A standard 3% discount across the two stores [excludes special Items, fertilizer & quotations etc] and also further discounts on 10 special items.
Plus in store Promotions and giveaways for members.
6 cents everyday with every new sale - Fuel to grocery promotion redeemed at 3 Hastings Co-op IGA Supermarkets. Further detail below
Co-op Drive Thru:
In store spot promotions and giveaways for members.
2 IGA Liquor Stores: Special items throughout the store with up to 10% off RRP for members. Plus in store promotions and giveaways for members.
3 IGA Supermarkets:
Fuel to grocery promotion. 6 cents every day & 8 cents on special promotions. Up to 10 “hot” store wide member’s specials. Seniors discount 5% off RRP day, EVERY Thursday.
Plus in store giveaways, competitions and promotions for members.
Shares are $2.00 per share with no maximum and a minimum holding of $20.00 (10 shares). Note that you must be inactive for a minimum of 3 years before the Co-op is obligated to repurchase your shares.
- Shares maybe transferred to another person who will be active.
- The Co-operative is obligated to repurchase your shares should you move out of the area.
- In the death of a shareholder the Co-operative will pay the share capital to your estate.
- On the receipt of your member application and share money (cheque/ money order/ cash) we will process your application and approval by the directors of the Co-operation at a monthly Board meeting. You will be notified by mail of your membership number
- Members can receive their fully franked dividend as a cheque payment or reinvested as shares in the Co-op (the more shares you accumulate the greater the dividend). Cheque payments - with a total share capital under $500 will have their dividend added onto their shares, unless the Head Office is notified.
Direct discount on the shop floor, at point of purchase: “Members Price”
The Co-operative is required to deduct tax unless Tax File Number or exemption is held on file when drawing dividend cheques.
MEMBER/ SHAREHOLDER NUMBER
When making a purchase at any of the Hastings Co-operative’s businesses please show your shareholder card to the cashier at the point of sale. Your share number is then recorded for the accumulation of your purchases to calculate your rebate for the financial year.
The members are the Co-op’s most valued asset and we welcome new members.
Download the Application for Membership form, fill in your details and take the form to any retail outlet with your share capital money.
Any further questions to the Finance Officer Coralie Hindmarch on 6588-8999
Hastings Co-op Support Office address;
39 Cameron Street, Wauchope NSW 2446
PO Box 354, Wauchope NSW 2446
PH: 02 6588-8999
FAX: 02 6588-8977